|SMT. SONIA GANDHI RENOUNCES POST OF PRIME MINISTER OF INDIA|
• "I was always certain that if ever I found myself in the position that I am in today, I would follow my own inner voice. Today, that voice tells me I must humbly decline this post." Sonia Gandhi.
• Dr. Manmohan Singh elected head of Parliamentary Party.
• Dr. Manmohan Singh sworn in as Prime Minister of India on 22 May 2004.
• National Rural Employment Guarantee Act, 2005.
• Right to Information Act, 2005.
• Forest Rights Act 2006.
• "Peace, Non-Violence and Empowerment Gandhian Philosophy in 21st Century" New Delhi Conference, January 29-30, 2007".
• Shri Rahul Gandhi takes over as General Secretary, AICC 24.09.07.
• Historical Initiative by Soniaji - United Nations declares Gandhi Jayanti as International Non-Violence Day 02.10.07.
• Extension of the NREGA to all the Rural Districts of the country 01.04.08.
• Loan Waiver for Farmers Rs. 72,000 crore.
• Congress wins vote in Lok Sabha on Civilian Nuclear Agreement. India now part of Global Nuclear Community.
• National Convention of Block & District Presidents Sunday, 8th February 2009 Ram Lila grounds, Delhi.
• AAM AADMI KE BADHTE KADAM HAR KADAM PAR BHARAT BULAND.
• General Elections held in April/May 2009.
• Congress led UPA wins overwhelming Victory in the General Elections, Congress wins 206 seats on its own, Dr. Manmohan Singh sworn in as Prime Minister for second term.