• Communal Frenzy.
• 30th January 1948 Martyrdom of Mahatama Gandhi.
• Integration of the Princely States.
• Creation of the Republic.
• First General Elections.
• The Establishment of Real Democracy.
• The Congress Message enunciated by Pt Nehru - "Political freedom having been attained through non-violent action under the leadership of Gandhi, the National Congress now has to labour for the attainment of social and economic freedom so that progress and equal opportunity may come to all the people of India without any distinction of race or religion".
• 1955 Resolution seeking to introduce Planning for a Socialistic Pattern of Society.
• 1955 Concept of economic and social reconstruction.
• 1964 Demise of Prime Minister Pt Jawaharlal Nehru.